Monday, August 24, 2009

Pissing Shrimps.

My dad came back from Penang, and brought back a whole lot of goodies given by his generous fisherman/seafood breeder friend from Jawi. He brought back a whole box of Mantis Shrimps, or the Chinese would call it 'Lai Liew Har' or Pissing Shrimps. Why pissing? I don't know. One thing I know it tastes damn GOOD when it's fresh!

Personally, it was through a Stephen Chow's Classic Comedy (God of Cookery) that introduced me to this mantis shrimps. They call it 'Lai Liew Har' and Stephen Chow made a hit by inventing the delicious and fun 'Pissing Beef Balls'. I've watch this movie a million times and I still laugh along while watching.

Yes, thats the beautiful Karen Mok on your right :D.

God of Cookery's #1 fan :D!
Aah brings back the good memories of the 90's.

--

This were the shrimps my dad brought home..

As usual Pui Foong promoting it.. :)

My mum merely steamed it with salt and butter and they are finger licking good! Watch out for those with eggs! Extra goodness. We complimented it with sweet and sour chilly sauce. However, becareful of the spiky shells.

--

They are several ways this Mantis Shrimp can be cooked. My personal favourites are ;

Char Lai Yau - Fried Milky Butter

Kung Poh - Dry Chilly

& Kam Heong!

--

Pissing Shrimps FTW!

No comments: