Saturday, March 31, 2007

Kuala Lumpur International Marathon 2007

It was fun. The day before the marathon, I was still recovering from my eating disorder. The food I put into my mouth the day before is bowl of Cintan Mee for lunch and a plate of "Loh Mai Kai"(glutinous rice + chicken) for dinner.

I woke up at 4.00am to gather in school, as Mr Chia had arranged buses for us. A banana is all i ate that morning, and my brother was nice enough to wake up at 4.30am and fetch me to school. Monitored by Yong Meng, around 60+ of us arrived at Dataran Merdeka.

As we gear up for our 7km run, we could see Kenya runners sprinting back in their 42km full marathon. Their timing is like 2 hours+ ? What the hell man. 2 hours + for 42km. Respect. For comparison, we did our scout's 40km hike in 20 hours! haha.

The run seems endless as I passes through familiar attraction site of KL. Concorde Hotel, Berjaya Times Square, Pudu Jail and many more.

While running I was thinking,

"Haih I could never make it for a medal. Just finish the run will do."
"Running marathon is not what I do best. This should be my LAST time running long distance!"

To my surprise, I finished 94th. Haha. Every top 300 finisher will receive a medal. Most of us finished with a medal though. Ser Siang's run was the most memorable as he finished 299! If he was slightly slower, he might not receive the medal at all. Haha, good run Siang!

After running, we all had generous amount of MILO and 100PLUS =D. Probably over-dosage of Milo for me. Haha. To sum it up all, it was a really enjoyable!



All smiles right there!
Haha Ser Siang with his arm raised! You go winner!

------------

Most probably I would change my thoughts, and participate again next year in this annual event!

Absolutely enjoyable, doesn't matter if you're a professional/ sportsman/sportswoman/ amateur/ shopper/ social runner, you should take part too!

No comments: